Risks and Changes
Dear Diary,
Yesterday late afternoon, I was waiting in my car when a couple of blue flashes went off from a speed camera on the opposite side of the junction. Apparently, the car that zipped past had beaten the red light by too great a margin. What a needless risk. Not just a huge fine and a slap of demerit points, it is so life-endangering too. In life, we do need to take “risks” but personally I would classify them either as hazards or uncertainties. If it is hazardous, leading to potential danger to ourselves and our loved ones, then we better give it a wide berth. If it is just uncertainty, we could weigh the risk-benefit ratio and... as Nike says, “Just do it.”
In recent times, there are a couple of things I “just do it”. If you know me personally, you can be sure that it is with much calculation and analysis though, hahaha... I am looking forward to a great adventure soon and 2010 may just be one of the massively memorable years of my life... yup, maybe... Hahaha... I definitely can’t live up to that film joke about being the hero of the world though ( http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1271419892479RA38 ). I am still so tickled by what I watched in that film. Saw from some Facebook updates that a friend is in the process of probably changing jobs and getting prepared for his wedding! Woah... must catch up with him soon! It must be so exciting for him.
Changes abound at this stage of one’s life. Our perceptions change too. I was at the POSB bank yesterday too and saw this young school girl who was trying to withdraw some cash from her bank account. The bank teller turned her down, saying that she is under 16 years old and need a parent or a guardian to approve that withdrawal. She quickly got a guy to pose as her guardian (looked more like her early-20s paedophilic boyfriend to me) but the bank teller rejected the withdrawal on grounds of no signed authorisation letter from her parent. Oh well, see... I am thinking so differently when I was a teen. I am thinking more like an adult, or even a parent! Perceptions do change. Better make sure we bring up our future children (if any) properly. We may always think we are younger than we truly are or think that we know the “in” thing. We can be so wrong. Relating to them may need greater commitment, interest and effort on our side.
Anyway, many potential changes for me this year and probably the next. Just can’t wait for them all to happen, barring any sudden unfavourable “twist in the tale”. Yup, I belong to the era where children read novels by Jeffrey Archer! ;-)
Have a great weekend! =)
God Bless,
Andrew


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home