If you think your life isn't dangerous enough... try driving...
Dear Diary,
I am already driving between the speed range of 70 - 90km per hour on highways... and probably between 50 - 70km along street roads. Maybe I should drive even slower and check thoroughly at every traffic light junction?
This morning (15th March 2010, Monday at about 8.05am), I was driving along Aljunied Road towards the MRT station to alight my sister. A car travelling in the same direction on my right suddenly sped faster ahead, revealing a right-turning car which was travelling in the opposite direction.
I was even more shocked when that right-turning car (a bright green little car... was it a Chery QQ? Chevrolet spark? Kia Picanto?) actually accelerated into my path and... in a split second... I instinctively swerved my car...
I thought I saw a droplet of water in its course to drip on my windscreen... time stood still.... I thought I could see the microseconds on the electronic car clock....
Ok, I am exaggerating, hahaha... There is no microseconds on that clock, hee... but I really thought that the lime green car would slam right into my door and I was praying that my door better be able to withstand the impact!
Splat! The droplet landed on my windscreen and broke the stillness of the moment as I successfully swerved past that on-rushing car. My sister was shaken and even I had doubts whether I saw the green traffic light, since the audacity of that green car was just ridiculous! I was so shocked that I did not honked...
"Did you see the greenlight when we crossed the junction?" I asked my sister. She confirmed that it was green. "How atrocious indeed! That wasn't a Toyota, right? No excuse!" I remarked, wondering why I wasn't getting any more angrier when I should.
Alighted my sister and then proceeded on to work. Thank God that I escaped that accident by a whisker. A timely reminder that we should never take things for granted in life, even if the traffic light is in our favour. It never hurts to be extra-careful, be it on the road or... metaphorically, in the way we make decisions in our lives.
God Bless,
Andrew


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home