A Lenten Reflection - Love
Dear Diary,
I was at the Esplanade today (5th March 2010 - Friday)... It was about 6.45pm. I had earlier popped by for a short prayer at St Andrew's, before proceeding to grab a quickie dinner of economic rice. So my stomach was satisfied and I found a cozy little seat to read a book. It was an interesting evening because there were quite a number of performances lined up in that concourse.
I read my book and the live music performance made the ambience all so enchanting. Someone tapped me and I looked up. I couldn't quite recognise him but... his voice was totally familiar! I waited agonisingly as he was still on his mobile phone, wondering how come my memory wasn't revealing anything else. It could be so embarrassing! Anyway, he was the guy whom I was playing guitar with in a particular church class. It has been 2 years ago but yet it was all fond familiarity once I remembered that.
As we sat and listened to the music, a particular song by performer Rebecca Burch (songwriter and singer) caught my attention. She composed a song "Ant Colony" and felt that it described Singapore very much because it is always so crowded and we are all like ants!
At that moment, I suddenly felt insignificant. In the midst of the huge crowd in the malls or along the streets, one will realise everyone is just a person in the masses. Are we really insignificant? Yet, it is love that makes us not. I remembered Lent, I remembered how God died on the cross for us and I remembered how God is not just a distant monarch but a father and friend who loves us individually. That makes us special. In turn, we love those around us whether parents, siblings, spouses, children, friends or strangers.
It is because of Love that each of us is made special. Special in the sight of those who love us and interact with us. Thank God that though there are numerous people around the world, He loves us all individually. We, as recipients of His love, then should love others too.
I looked at this friend who sat beside me... I whispered, "Look, I gotta rush off now for a church seminar but I think we should keep in contact... Maybe I can add you on Facebook?" Yeah, sometimes I am just so guilty of using the no-frills Facebook way... but at least, I attempted to! ;-) That's still a good start, isn't it? Haha...
I still have lots to learn from the female gender in this aspect. I think they put in more effort in their friendships than guys... Then again, male friends are supposed to be "low-maintenance", haha... =P
Cheers!
God Bless,
Andrew


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home