The Life and Contemplation of a Man who has graduated and is about to start working for his upkeep but still thinks he is a youth!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Be Strong, Andrew!

Dear Diary,


My throat seems a little inflamed and now feeling slightly ill. Sigh… really wonder why the discomfort at the throat can cause malaise as in many occasions! A sore throat always usually leads to illness… at least for me. Hope I can overcome it tonight! Drinking tons of water, haha… Got an SMS from a female ex-classmate saying that she will be working in another pharmacy nearby mine tomorrow… so maybe she will pay me a visit! =) One of my ex-students will be popping by too! Nice, nice… she needs my signature lah… haha… The university has yet to pay me for coaching those three students. =P


Today was a pretty relaxing day. I went to give a lecture to a couple of store managers on health related products. Although I did no preparation at all… yes, literally no… I was utterly surprised by myself to be able to smoothly teach them on five different health topics. I managed to catch their attention too! None of them fell asleep as I spoke for more than 6 hours. Now… my larynx is inflamed and dysphonic! Hmmm… During the lunch break, I felt I needed to pray. Contrary to what many perceive of me, I can sometimes be indecisive.


Somehow, I could not make up if I should apply for a particular course. I guess I need some form of moral support on this issue but I don’t seem to be getting much from the people around me! So I needed to pray. I took a really long walk (probably a kilometre?) to find a nearby church that I can just seek God after consuming lunch. I saw Elim Church but did not feel comfortable entering that. So I proceeded to the nearby Church of Saint Michael. However, the sanctuary was on the second storey and there was no window or ventilation or air-conditioning! I couldn’t stay in the sanctuary longer than 5 minutes because I could have melted!


I guess Singaporean Christians are really missing Cathedral-like churches. Churches like Cathedral of Good Shepherd or Saint Andrew’s Cathedral which have well-ventilated sanctuaries (or naves) that are opened to the public to pray. Nowadays, most churches have sanctuaries that are not “user-friendly”. All enclosed and totally “inhabitable without air-conditioning. Anyway, I couldn’t stay there… so I took a long walk back to the training room. Had to kinda “prayer-walk” (yes, pray and walk at the same time) but God seems to make that arduous journey back so comfortable! The sun kinda dimmed off and the cool wind blew against my face! Refreshing!


Completed the remaining lecture and rushed off to sign up for the course. Yes, so I made up my mind and taking that step of faith. I do not meet its entry requirement though and need to appeal for entry. However, I am quietly confident. ;-) Later, visited a fellow colleague at her pharmacy and had a pretty long chat with her before proceeding home. Bumped into my sister at the bus-stop at City Hall (what great coincidence!) and we went home together. Had a long chat in the bus. Realised that I have not really spent time talking to her because we were both so busy with our work!


Used to whine about why Mum (and even DAD!!!!!) are so mesmerized by that Korean drama “Be Strong, Guem Soon!”… However, I am beginning to like it too, haha… pretty romantic. Today’s second last episode, the guy managed to marry the girl after so many “trials and tribulations” and it was awesomely touching to hear the groom say, “We are finally married!” Haha… when will I get to say that? =)


A pretty packed week looms… an ex-college friend asked if I could meet him immediately when he comes out from reservist training on Saturday night… so urgent? I sure hope he is fine with his life! As for myself, I really wished I am braver… braver… much much braver. In one aspect… I am one bad failure. Trusting in God for that! Please give me strength and overcome my lack of faith!


God Bless,


Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home