The Life and Contemplation of a Man who has graduated and is about to start working for his upkeep but still thinks he is a youth!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

When will All the Busy-ness End?

Dear Diary,


Just came home after going out with my family for a meal as an early celebration of my mum’s upcoming birthday. We had some Vietnamese cuisine for dinner, after which I took them all for a late evening walk. We visited Raffles Hotel, CHIJMES and the National Library… the evening atmosphere was great. As I stood at the courtyard in CHIJMES and peered over the concrete parapet, below was a sea of candlelight. Three huge screens were erected, showing live-telecast of the Premiership match between Liverpool and West Ham. I saw Peter Crouch scored just before halftime to bring Liverpool 2-1 up. If I am not mistaken, Liverpool won 2-1 eventually. I sure miss my university days when I have all the time to go out and relax and eat good food. Even my sister admitted that she enjoyed more good food when she was a student although she had much less money then. Sigh… I don’t exactly dislike working… however the long hours are infuriating me!


Earlier, a locum pharmacist had informed me of a sudden urgent issue which he had to attend to tomorrow. There was no one I could find as a replacement and so I had to “sacrifice” myself, as I am the on-call pharmacist tomorrow. How sad! It will also mean that I will work for 3 weeks without a single day of rest! Plus, I will do 9 days’ of over-time in that space of 3 weeks too! My manager was asking me if I need a day’s break. I will consider her proposition. Such working hours practically pushed me to make my decision regarding my half-marathon ambition.


I am shelving it. It is impossible to have motivation to train for a half-marathon when I am just hoping that I get some time off work to just “breathe”. My company needs to recruit more pharmacists!!!! Haha… This afternoon was quite nice. I had lunch with a former classmate at Delifrance. He gave me a treat. He happened to work in a nearby rival pharmacy today. We had a really nice chat… since both of us were out for lunch together… I learnt that some customers were complaining why all the pharmacists seem to be having lunch at the same time, hahaha… Their suspicions weren’t unfounded! ;-P


God Bless,


Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home