The Life and Contemplation of a Man who has graduated and is about to start working for his upkeep but still thinks he is a youth!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

One of those days

Dear Diary,


Just came back from a “secret” seminar. Thank God for nice locum pharmacists! =) I got an email for a particular seminar on Tuesday and promptly registered for it. Then I asked my favourite locum pharmacist to swap duty with me, haha… I owe her one, keke… The seminar was supposed to start at 7pm tonight but I was late. All thanks to a former college classmate who wanted to go with me, haha… but I wasn’t too late, because as I was waiting for him at the bus stop… another girl beside me was yelling at her friend over the phone about being late for a 7pm seminar. Anyway, I saw her came into the auditorium later on. I was also surprised to be seeing another former pharmacy classmate. He was with his girlfriend. We had a short chat after the seminar… The going is tough, but the tough will get going! ;-) I sure hope I can go and fulfil my childhood dream!


Retail pharmacy life is fast getting routine… although, there are always some surprises everyday. Yesterday was quite incredible. A lady came into my pharmacy with bleeding knees. The abrasions looked serious as she fell on the road. I told her to buy some plasters, gauzes and proflavine from my pharmacy. Then I helped her to clean her wounds… although she was yelling and yelling… the irony was that she wanted me to clean the wounds but kept “running” away from the cleaning. Goodness… nonetheless, she thanked me after I bandaged her wounds. The promoters in the pharmacy were pretty impressed with how I allayed the fears of a screaming lady as I cleaned her huge gaping wounds, hahaha… I have been selling surgicals and dressing them up for people… putting my first aid skills to good use. There were many times which I sold triangular bandages and taught the customers how to tie an open arm sling…. Even did those slings on them. ;-)


I realised that there was an article in “EzyHealth & Beauty” magazine on a former pharmacy classmate. I can still remember clearly how some of the male pharmacy classmates wondered why this particular guy always disappeared when we were about to play some more “physical” sports programs during our Orientation week. That was in the year 2001. They were quite mean with their words but I guess… it must have dawned upon them about their insensitivities to the immense plight this guy face till this very day. Anyway, he dropped out from pharmacy and went on to study in another local university. Thankfully, the Lord kept his spirits up and preserved him… defying the medical diagnoses and prediction.


That's all for now... Goodnight! =)


God Bless,


Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home